Jan 23, 2015

Getting Crafty: Chalkboard Labeled Photoboxes



I did a pretty good job of organizing our Christmas ornaments when we put them away this year, but I did end up with a few piles that still needed storage.  I found a few photo boxes in the basement and wanted to add labels to them so putting the ornaments away year after year would be an easy job.


These were the boxes I started with.  Real cheap $1.00 boxes from one of the major craft stores.


I started taping off a rectangle on the top of the box.  I used painters tape.



My boxes had an embossed surface, so I painted on a layer of gesso first to even it out.


I then covered the top with two layers of chalkboard paint.


Once dry, I wrote the description of what was inside on the chalkboard label.  If I change my mind and want to change what's inside it's real easy to erase and redo.

I hope you have a crafty weekend!

2 comments:

  1. What a really cool idea to use any kind of organization. I love this....thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a really cool idea to use any kind of organization. I love this....thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete

I love sharing creative stuff and would love to visit your blog! Thanks for stopping by!